Updated: 19th May 2018
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
All cookies used on our site are set by us.
3. Can you reject our cookies?
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
4. What does TFNation® use its cookies for?
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- creating a specific log-in session for a user of the site in order that the site remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;<\li>
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- recognising if a visitor to the site is registered with us in any way;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
- customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site.
Performance and measurement
- collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users.
5. Third Party Cookies
We different types of third party services into our website which may use additional cookies. We will explain each of them now;
Stay22 is an online search facility which enables users to find hotel rooms and other short term accommodation. We do not pass any of your data to Stay22. Rather, we provide you with the option to click through to their website if you so choose to. The Stay22 map will create cookies in order to work with their partners including AirBnB, TravelPort, HotelPlanner and HotelsCombined in order to process any searches or bookings that you may make.
We use Google Analytics to evaluate and improve our site and its functions. Google Analytics sets various cookies to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookies, which can include your IP address, is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. TFNation® does not use the statistical analytics tool to track or collect and personally identifiable information of visitors to the TFNation® site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
For details regarding the cookies that may be created please refer to https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
|eu-complaince-may2018||To determine whether you have agreed to the website usage policy since May 20th 2018||1 year||globally|
|fl_*||Determines if you have logged in before||session||Attendee Portal|
|csrftoken||Cross Site Request Forgery Protection token||per request||globally|
|sessionid||Session Token||session||globally (if logged in)|